Carolinas AGC (CAGC) has been active keeping the Carolinas union free for over 90 years, with full-time staff and resources dedicated to the effort, and with recent NLRB rulings – we are ramping-up our efforts. Along with Ogletree Deakins, CAGC’s Human Resources Committee is providing the construction industry with the resources and information necessary to prepare for increased union organizing activities and leading the way to keep the Carolinas pro-employee/union free.
The Carolinas are ripe for union organizing activities and we have found most construction industry employers in the Carolinas are ill prepared for tried and true union organizing tactics. With this in mind CAGC has launched our Pro-Employee/Union Free web page.
In our Pro Employee/Union Free Toolbox CAGC members will find information and resources developed specifically for the Carolinas’ construction industry by the Carolinas’ construction industry.
The toolbox includes a host of resources and tools developed to prepare member companies with the means to engage union organizing tactics. The toolbox includes:
- Model Employee Handbook
- Labor Relations Wallet Cards with tips for front line employee managers on the do’s and don’ts associated with addressing union activity.
- No trespassing/Solicitation Signs.
- NLRB Checklist.
- Free Legal Advice if you think you are being targeted.
- Pro Employee/Union Free Help Desk if you suspect union activity within your company, or on a job site.
- Training Opportunities, and more